пятница, 20 сентября 2013 г.

"Shree Lakshmi-Tantra", 04.39: "The devAs and the humans call Me as MahAlakshmi, MahASrI, CaNDA, CaNDI and CaNDikA"


Chapter 04 of "Shree Lakshmi-Tantra" is very beatiful and Shreemati Maha Lakshmi-Devi speaks about Herself as Being Shreemati Maha Kali-Devi, Shreemati Durga-Devi and Shreemati Chandika-Devi, BUT JUST IN ANTARYAMI ROOPAM. 

Sadagopan.org has published First 4 Chaptes of "Shree Lakshmi-Tantra" and I liked very much the explanation of the above-mentioned Names of Shreemati Lakshmi-Devi from Volume 04. 

What I especially liked is the explanation about Antaryami by Oppiliappan Koil Varadachari Sadagopan.

I have refered to 4 Volumes of "Shree Lakshmi-Tantram" (only 4 First Chapters were published by SADAGOPAN.ORG) and to "Dhvaya-Churukku" by Shree Shreemad Vedanta Desika while preparing this article (both editions of SADAGOPAN.ORG, please refer to my folders in order to study these Books - dropbox, box, cubby and google)

"Shree Lakshmi-Tantra", Volume 04 (from Verse 39)


SHREEMATI MAHA LAKSHMI-DEVI SAID:

04.39. "The devAs and the humans call Me as MahAlakshmi, MahASrI, CaNDA, CaNDI and CaNDikA".

Oppiliappan Koil Varadachari Sadagopan: "In  this  and  the  subsequent  Slokams,  MahA  Lakshmi  describes  Herself  with  different names connected normally to other goddesses. 

We can not conclude on this basis that MahA Lakshmi is same as these devatais.  

In the 10 th  chapter of  Bhagavat  GitA,  Lord  KrshNa  describes  Himself  as  Rudran,  Kuberan  et  al. 

What He meant was that He is the anataryAmi of all these devatAs, who are His servants. 

The situation is similar here and MahA Lakshmi is indicating that She  is  the  indwelling  and  empowering  force  in  all  these  devatas,  who  are created and  commanded by Her. 


04.40. "Further,  the  people  address  Me  as  BhadrakALi,  BhadrA,  kALi,  Durgai, MaheSvari, triguNA and by other names. They also call Me as Bhagavati since I am the consort of BhagavAn". 


04.41. "When I manifest My fundamental state in different ways, I am addressed by Names specific to that state. The Names referred to in the past two Slokams are some of these sacred names. I will elaborate on them now to You". 


The Meaning of the Name "MAHALAKSHMI"

04.42. "I am addressed as MahAlakshmi because I engage in sorting out the good deeds (puNyams)  and  bad  deeds  (pApams)  in  this  world.  Therefore  I  am  highly regarded and adored as MahAlakshmi".  


The Meaning of the Name "MAHASHREE", "CHANDI" and "CHANDIKA"

04.43. "They call Me as MahASrI since I am the refuge for the good people. They call me CaNDI because I am the consort of CaNDan (Rudran). I am called CaNDikA because I am beyond the power of any one to control Me".

Oppiliappan Koil Varadachari Sadagopan: "One  might  have  doubt  about  MahA Lakshmi  being  called  CaNDI  or  Rudran's wife. In Srimat Bhagavat GitA, GitAcAryan explains that He is Sankaran among the  RudrAs.  

He  revealed  that  He  is  Rudra  antaryAmi.  Here,  MahA  Lakshmi implies  that  She  is  the  antaryAmi  of  CaNDan's  (Rudran's)  consort  and  hence addressed as CaNDI". 


The Meaning of the Name "BHADRA" and "KALI"

04.44. "I  am  saluted  as  BhadrA  since  I  confer  all  MangaLams  to  My  devotees.  I  am called kALi in recognition of My protection of the auspicious and for being the kAlan (mrtyu) for all the enemies of the good people". 


The Meaning of the Name "BHADRAKALI"

04.45. "I  am  saluted  as  BhadrakAli  because  of  the  help  I  give  to  good  people  and punishments  I  mete  out  to  the  wicked.  Because  of  the  astonishing  arrays  of auspicious guNams that I display, I am addressed as mAyA". 


The Meaning of the Name "MAHAMAYA", "MOHINI", "DURGA"

04.46. "I  am  worshipped  as  MahAmAyA  since  My  mAyai/mahatvam  (greatness) pervades  everywhere.  I  am  saluted  as  Mohini  since  I  immerse  all  in  moham (delusion). I am called Durgai because I am hard to attain and also because I protect My bhaktAs".  


The Meaning of the Name "YOGA", "YOGA-MAYA" and "MAYA-YOGA"

04.47. "I am revered as YogA or Yoga mAyA because I unite the jIvan with My Lord and serve as a bridge in this action. I am also saluted as mAyA yogA since I am the bridge between humans and the J~nAnam". 


The Meaning of the Name "BHAGAVATI" and "DHARMA PATNI"

04.48. "I  am  addressed  respectfully  as  Bhagavati  because  all  the  six  pradhAna (mukhya) guNams of the Lord are fully present in Me. I am recognized as the dharma  PatnI  of  the  Lord  since  I  receive  the  havir-bhAgam  during  the Yaj~nams".  


The Meaning of the Name "VYOMAN", "PURI" and "PARAVARA"

04.49. I  am  saluted  as  Vyoman  since  all  auspicious  guNams  are  present  in  Me  in  a generous  way  (broad  manner). 

I  am  addressed  as  pUri  since  I  pervade  in  all things in a full (pUrNa) manner. 

I  am  worshipped  as  ParAvarA  because  of  my  exalted  rUpam  (rUpa  guNa sampannai)". 

Oppiliappan Koil Varadachari Sadagopan: "The name ”parAvarA” is one Name for Brahman in the Upanishadic parlance (MuNDaka Upanishad 2.2.9: tasmin drshTe parAvare)". 


The Meaning of the Name "SHAKTI", "RAJNI" and "SHANTA"

04.50. "I am saluted as Sakti because I am capable of completing anything I attempt. I am  addressed  as  rAj~nI  since  I  gladden  the  heart  (ranjayati  iti)  of  my devotees. I am worshipped as SAntA since I do not undergo any changes and stay tranquil". 


The Meaning of the Name "PRAKRITI". 

Shreemati Lakshmi-Devi is the Precious Ashraya for Her bhaktas. 

04.51. "I am saluted as Prakrti since I construct (create) this universe and its beings. This is the third type of creation. I stay as the refuge for My devotees and remove their sins". 


04.52. "I hear the dInAkrAntam (sorrowful cries) of the suffering samsAri jIvans with compassion. 

I make this universe happy with My wide set of auspicious guNams. 

I stay inside the mind and Buddhi (anta:karaNams) of all jIvans. I gladden the hearts of the jIvans, who have accumulated puNyams". 


04.53. "All the devAs and devatais perform ArAdhanam for Me. I stay as the SarIram of  MahA  VishNu.  Those  experts  in  Veda  vedAntams  address  Me  as  SrI  Devi (because  of  their  knowledge  of  the  six  meanings  of  the  name  “SrI”)". 



THE SIX MEANINGS OF SRI SABDHAM 

SreeyathE:    She  is  reached  by  all  those,  who  want  ujjeevanam  (upliftment)  from SamsAric sorrows. 

SrayathE:  To  save  her  suffering  children,  she  approaches  Her  Lord. 

SruNOthi:      She  Listens.  She  listens  to  the  chEthanams  who  pray  to  her  to  place them at the sacred feet of Her Lord. 

SrAvayathi:  She makes the Lord listen to Her regarding the sufferings of the jeevans. 

SruNAthi:    She banishes. She banishes the Moksha VirOdhis for the Mumukshus (Those who desire Moksham). 

SreeNAthi:    She makes the jeevans attain a ripe stage fit to qualify for Moksham. She perfects the ChEtanam to perform Kaimkaryam for Her Lord. 

Our SrI DEvi, Our Mother with such Vaibhavam shines with Her Lord and stays in our  mind  permanently.  Swamy  Deikan  declares  that  the  Lord,  who  is  resplendent with  His  PirAtti  (ThiruvudanE  hihazhwAr)  stays  always  (nithya  vaasam)  in  his hrudhaya kamalam (YenKal chinthayuLE seRinthAr).