суббота, 3 октября 2015 г.

Shreemati Padmavati-Devi and Shree Sita-Rama Leela


THE REASON FOR MARRIAGE WITH SHREEMATI PADMAVATI-DEVI AS TOLD BY BHAGAVAN SHREE SHREENIVASA  

Bhagavan Shree Shreenivasa said: 

18. Formerly, in the auspicious Treta Yuga, I killed Ravana. At that time the girl Vedavati rendered assistance to Shree (Shreemati Sita-Devi). 

19-20. Lakshmi appeared from the land of Janaka in the form of
Sita. In the Panchavati forest, when I went away to kill Marica, my younger brother too followed me on being urged by Sita. 

In the meantime the king of Raksasas came there to abduct Sita. 

21-23. Fire-god present in the (place of) Agnihotra sacrifice knew (i.e. anticipated) the attempt of Ravana. He took the real Sita to Patala and entrusted Her to (his wife) Svaha. 

There was a splendid lady named Vedavati. 

Formerly, she was touched by the same Rakshasa (but not molested). Yet she cast off her body in fire. 

In order to kill Ravana she was created once again with a form similar to that of Sita. It was she who was abducted by Ravana and kept in custody in Lanka. 

24-26. Afterwards when Ravana was killed, she entered fire once again. Agni handed over Lakshmi, my Janaki, who had been kept in her protective custody by Svaha and told me about the attendant accompanying Sita:

"0 Lord, this is Vedavati who did what was pleasing to Sita. For the sake of Sita she re-mained in the abode of the Raksasa as one imprisoned by him. Hence, delight her with a good boon along with Srhee." 

27-28. On hearing these words of Fire-god, the splendid (genuine) Sita told me: 

"0 Lord, this Vedavati has always done everything pleasing to Me. Hence she is a great devotee of the Lord. Hence, 0 Lord, choose her (as wife)." 

I replied: 

29-30. "0 goddess, I shall do so in the 28th Kali-yuga. Till then let her stay in the world of Brahma and be adored by Devas. Afterwards she will become the daughter of Earth and (the adopted) daughter of (king) Viyat." 

Thus that beautiful lady had been formerly granted boons by me and by Lakshmi. 

31-32. She is born of Earth in the city of Narayanapura. The chaste lady is on a par with Lakshmi. 

She has eyes like lotus. She has been granted boons by Padma (Lakshmi). Today that charming lady was seen by me as I was hunting at that place. 

She was plucking flowers along with her friends and attendants who befitted her.

33-34. It is impossible to describe her beauty by me even in a hundred years. 

As in the case of Lakshmi, if my contact with her today becomes feasible, my life will be steady. 

Cited from 
the English edition of